ESG Competent Boards Session
Online - Limited Spots Available
August 5th, 2020
11 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
Helle Bank Jorgensen
CEO & Founder, Competent Boards
Torben Möger Pedersen
CEO, PensionDanmark, Global Agenda Council on Investments, World Economic Forum, Advisory Board, OECD’s Centre on Green Finance and Investment & Advisory Board, UN Global Compact’s Financial Innovation Action Platform
We Will Discuss the Following Strategic Topics
- Growing expectations of ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) disclosure – what are investors asking for and why does it matter?
- How ESG disclosure issues are leading to securities class actions and civil litigation
- Understanding the ESG ratings, rankings, indices, integration frameworks and materiality risk and opportunity assessments
- How companies are responding to growing demands for ESG disclosure
- How to integrate emerging risks into ERM – frameworks such as the COSO framework
- Oversight – how to question the relevance of ESG goals, targets and strategies
You Will Also Gain Insight from the Following Leaders
Torben Möger PedersenCEO, PensionDanmark, Global Agenda Council on Investments, World Economic Forum, Advisory Board, OECD’s Centre on Green Finance, and Investment & Advisory Board, UN Global Compact’s Financial Innovation Action Platform
Nancy Lockhart- Board Member, George Weston Limited, Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation, Choice Properties REIT, and Former Board Member, Barrick Gold, Gluskin Sheff + Associates Inc, and Loblaw Companies Limited
David Pitt-WatsonFormerly: Chair, Hermes Focus Asset Management, Chair, UN Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative, Director, International Corporate Governance Network, Currently: Independent Non- Executive, KPMG, and Executive Fellow, Judge Business School, Cambridge University
You Will Receive the Following Preparation Materials
- An Insight Video – Featuring clips from our interviews with global leaders
- Guest Speaker Videos Featuring:
- Aron Cramer, President and CEO, Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
- Georg Kell, Chair, Arabesque, and Founding Director, United Nations Global Compact
- A case study which examines 6 companies across different sectors on a variety of ESG factors to be discussed with peers during the interactive session
- A Recorded Webinar on “Have You Successfully Engaged Your Board, Customers, and Investors on the SDGs, Climate, and ESG?” featuring Erika Karp, Founder and CEO, Cornerstone Capital Group, and Claus Stig Pedersen, Head of Global Sustainability & Public Affairs, EMEA, Novozymes
- A list of questions to help you understand whether management’s approaches appropriately consider changing risks and opportunities
- Recommended readings, reports, frameworks, tools, etc.
* Those attending select sessions are not eligible for the Competent Boards Certificate. Should you attend 8+ sessions you can receive the certificate for an additional fee.
Why You Should Attend This Session
- Gain practical insight from board members, investors and experts on growing expectations of ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) disclosure – what are investors asking for and why does it matter?
- Receive summarized critical learnings in pre-course videos, readings, a case study and a 90-min interactive session
- Join from anywhere to hear the experience of sought-after speakers