Independent Consultant, AMT Consulting Services; Director, Regulus Resources Inc. and Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion; Corporate Secretary, Reconnaissance Energy Africa Ltd. and Renaissance Oil Corp.
“A dynamic and passionate leader, a champion for women at her organization and an inspiring role model for all leaders in the traditionally male-dominated mining industry…. who encourages other senior leaders at the company, including the CEO, to embrace diversity and inclusion.”
M&A – PUBLIC COMPANIES
- Worked on multibillion-dollar transactions in Canada, United States and South America. Most notable include the Newmont acquisition of Goldcorp Inc. (2019); Goldcorp acquisition of Glamis Gold Ltd. (2006); Goldcorp acquisition of the Canadian assets that Barrick Gold acquired from Placer Dome (2006); acquisition of Virginia Gold (2006); disposition of Chilean assets (2007); Inco acquisition of Diamond Fields Resources (1996) plus many other post acquisitions and dispositions.
- Over 30 years of experience working with public companies in the securities and corporate finance, responsible for compliance and securities filings requirements in both Canada and United States.
- Drove integration activities in the areas of human resources, diversity and inclusion and legal.
CORPORATE SECRETARY AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Over 20 years of experience working with Board of Directors as Corporate Secretary of
Goldcorp Inc.; Wheaton Precious Metals (formerly Silver Wheaton Corp.) and Diamond
Fields Resources Inc.
- Developed and implemented Board guidelines and terms of reference for the Board of
Directors and Committees of the Board.
- Successfully managed Board of Directors and transitions through four CEOs and three
- Advisor to the Board of Directors on Cross Culture issues and Governance matters including
global governance of 125+ subsidiaries in tax-sheltered environment.
- An industry Champion for Board Diversity.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Designed and implemented a diversity and inclusion strategy for Goldcorp, resulting in the
gold standard practice for the mining industry.
- Recognized by the Governance Professionals of Canada for enhancing Board Diversity across
- Founded the Creating Choices Program, unique in the global mining industry which
recognizes the value in nurturing a culture of diversity and inclusion within the organization
and promoting the advancement of women.
- 2,000 women graduated from the Creating Choices Program in North and South America.
- Keynote D&I related speaking engagements include UBC/Sauder School of Business, World
Bank, International Finance Corporation as well as various conference and panel
presentation for Governance, Compensation and Human Resources topics relating to D&I.
- Certified Canadian Inclusion Professional – CCDI 2018
UC Berkeley – Accelerating Change Readiness and Agility (2017)
Accredited Director – ICSA 2016
Business Administration – ESAN (1982)
Psychology – UNIFE (1981)
Chief Operating Officer, CyberNB and Former Head – Business Development, BrightPlanet, Former Director,Global Security & Investigation, Celestica and Former Board Member, Canada South Africa Chamber of Commerce
Christine Chow, Ph.D.
Executive Director; Global Head, Strategic Governance Advisory & ESG Integration