Mervyn E. King
Chair Emeritus, King Committee on Corporate Governance in South Africa, Chair Emeritus, International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Former Chair, United Nations Committee on Governance and Oversight
- Chair of the Integrated Reporting Committee of South Africa
- Member of the Private Sector Advisory Group of the World Bank on Corporate Governance
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Central European Corporate Governance Association
- Past President of the Commonwealth Association of Corporate Governance (CACG) which published principles of governance for the 54 countries in the Commonwealth
- Author of The Corporate Citizen (2001), Transient Caretakers (with Teodorina Lessidrenska) (2008), Integrate – doing business in the 21st century (with Leigh Roberts) (2015), The Chief Value Officer (with Prof Jill Atkins) (2016), and The Auditor – Quo Vadis (with Prof Linda de Beer) (2018).
- Member of the International Advisory Board of Tomorrow’s Company, United Kingdom
- Former Governor of the International Corporate Governance Network
- Member of the IOD/KPMG Audit Committee Forum which develops position papers for audit committees
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Independent Directors’ Forum
- Former Adviser to the Mauritian Corporate Governance Committee
- Trustee of the Dubai Ethics and Resource Centre, which is developing corporate governance for the UAE
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the Stellenbosch University’s Unit on Corporate governance in Africa
- Advises, consults, speaks and delivers papers at conferences, universities, on radio and television on corporate, legal, governance and sustainability matters
- Has spoken and delivered papers in over 60 countries
- Member of the Committee for Responsible Investment Guidelines for Financial Institutions (CRISA)
- Member of the IoD’s Sustainability Development Committee
- Former Non-Executive Chair of the PwC Business School in South Africa with a centre of excellence in Integrated Reporting
- Member of the advisory board of Environmental P&L account and the “B Team” which includes Jochen Zeitz (Puma) and Richard Branson (Virgin).
- Patron of The Good Governance Academy which holds colloquia on critical governance issues and distributes a memorandum to over two million members of local and international institutions
To read Mervyn King’s full bio, please click here.