Adjunct Professor, Fordham Law, Baruch University, and Metropolitan College, Former Director, New York Stock Exchange and FINRA
William Jannace has worked nearly 30 years in the securities industry at the American and New York Stock Exchanges, FINRA and several investment banking firms. He is currently an advisor to the U.S. Treasury’s Office of Technical Assistance focusing on emerging market capital market development. He serves as an expert witness for The Bates Group on securities litigation matters. He is also a member of the faculty advisory group of ESG Competent Boards which provides professional development and advisory services focused on bringing ESG, Climate and Sustainability insight to boards, investors and executives globally.
He is also an adjunct professor/lecturer at Fordham School of Law, the U.S. Army War College, the Global Financial Markets Institute, Baruch University, and Metropolitan College, where he teaches courses covering:
- Capital Markets, Corporate Governance/ Shareholder Activism/Investor Stewardship,
- Corporate Social Responsibility/Environmental, Social, Governance and Impact Investing/Climate Change and Sustainability,
- State Capitalism/Sovereign Wealth Funds, AML/Economic Sanctions, Geopolitics/Geo-Economics, Statecraft,
- S. Foreign Policy, International Affairs, NATO and Grand Strategy.
He has also taught courses at New York Law School, Wharton Business School, Drexel University, Georgetown Global Education Institute, New York University, Pace University, Securities Training Corporation, New York Institute of Finance, New York Society of Security Analysts, and the Securities Industry Institute/Wharton Business School on the above topics.
He was an account executive at Georgeson and D.F. King serving as a liaison for corporations/institutional shareholders regarding corporate governance issues; assisted on proxy fights/tender offers for corporate raiders/listed companies; liaison with the NYSE trading floor and arbitrageurs to provide market commentary to listed companies; monitored trading versus 13F filings to determine changes in shareholder ownership. He was also Series 7/63 licensed at Drexel Burnham/Paine Webber and was also a consultant for The World Bank and The Asian Corporate Governance Association.
Mr. Jannace has also conducted overseas training programs for the: Russian Securities Commission/Stock Exchange; The Capital Markets Authorities in: Uganda, Burundi, Tanzania and Kenya; Saudi Arabian Capital Markets Authority; Securities and Exchange Board of India; Ukrainian Securities Commission/Stock Market; Romanian Securities Commission; Jordanian Securities Commission; Capital Markets Authority of Turkey; Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority; New York Institute of Finance- Beijing/China, the Taiwan Stock Exchange and for IOSCO in Spain.
William Jannace is a CIArb Fellow, a FINRA Non-Public arbitrator, a member of the New York International Arbitration Center, a judge for the FINRA Annual Securities Dispute Resolution Triathlon, an arbitrator for the Willem C. Vis Moot Court at Fordham Law School and in Vienna, Austria and a member of The International Institute for Strategic Studies. He also attended Mediation Training at the NYCBA and received a Certificate in International Commercial Arbitration from Columbia Law School/Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He is also a research affiliate with the Fletcher Network for Sovereign Wealth and Global Capital. Mr. Jannace received his JD from New York Law School, his LL.M. in Corporate, Banking, and Finance Law from Fordham Law School, is a member of the State Bars of New York and Connecticut; received a Certificate in Global Affairs at New York University and Environmental, Social and Governance investment training from the International Corporate Governance Network.
He has also volunteered for the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, the Asset Owners Disclosure Project, UNICEF and served as a judge for the SIFMA Foundation InvestWrite Competition. Mr. Jannace is a member of the Bretton Woods Committee and the NGO Committee To Stop Trafficking in Persons. He is also active in raising funds and awareness for humanitarian assistance
He has contributed to the following publications:
- “The Oil Downturn: A Catalytic Moment for Renewable Energy?” By Mariana Liakopoulou and William Jannace, Natural Gas World
- “A New World Order: The Rule of Law, or the Law of Rulers?” William Jannace and Paul Tiffany, 42 Fordham Int’l L.J. 1379 (2019)
- “Bretton Woods 4.0 Finding New Relevance in a New World Order,” By Dr. Paul Tiffany and William Jannace, Bretton Woods@75 Blog and Compendium, February 2019.
- “Cautionary Notes for Supply Chain Managers and Others Involved in Global Sourcing & Partnerships (Human Trafficking & Modern Slavery Conditions Raise Reputational Risks),” Governance & Accountability Institute, January 2018).
- “Sustainability Disclosures in the EU: Implementation of the 2014 EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive,” ABA, Spring 2017.
- “Accounting for Trade: President Trump and the Geopolitical Balance Sheet,” NYU-Global Affairs Perspectives on Global Issues, Spring 2017.